I’ve recently gotten a TON of people asking me how I make my voice-over videos such as the one on my “Work with Stacia” page.
So, I decided it was time to create a tutorial video on how I personally create mine. Enjoy!
There are so many uses for this type of presentation including a full-blow sales video to maybe a simple training video for your team.
Here’s a brief synopsis of the steps involved in making a PowerPoint voice-over video:
1. To create a voice-over sales video with PowerPoint, you’ll first need a screen recording software. Here’s a tutorial where I go over 5 different options: Here’a link to my blog post where I go over 5 different screen-recording options just in case you need it. =)
2. Open your screen recording software (I use http://screencast-o-matic.com/) and hit record (make sure it is recording in full-screen).
3. Then, bring up your PowerPoint presentation in slideshow mode and start talking and reading your slides.
4. If you make a mistake, just start that slide over again so that it makes the editing process easier. Keep the recorder going until you get to the end of the presentation and have read each slide exactly how you wanted.
5. Stop the recorder and save the file that it creates.
6. Open up your editing software (I use Sony Vegas) and import the file. Listen to the playback of the recording you made and snip out any parts that you don’t want (and if you start a slide over if you messed up, it makes it easy).
7. Finally, render or save the file that is now edited.
Voila! You have a new slide/voice-over video! =)
Was that helpful for you? Please leave a comment!